Books That I Can't Forget

For me reading a book and being able to remember the plot even a few weeks to a few months usually means its very good or very bad. Even though i can’t remember the very details i still remember a good chunk of it. I think its because it has impacted me in a way. Like surprising me in a form of a plot twist that i hate or love. I’ve read some of these books as far back as 8 or 9 and they have always stuck with me, even in the far back of my memory. 

1. Goosebumps: The Haunted School by R.L. Stine
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

I remember finding this book on my shelf with the cover torn off and thinking “Who’s is this? And what could this be about?” I ended up reading it anyways and was completely frightened. I couldn’t sleep that night. Still, i was intrigued and later researched that its from a series called Goosebumps. It was one of the first books out of the series i read and it lead me to continue reading from the Goosebumps series.

2. Nancy Drew: Secret Of The Spa by Cardlyn Keene 
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

Don’t remember much except that it was taken place at a spa. I think i remember this because it was one of the first Nancy Drew books i bought that had a cover like that.

3. Camp Confidential by Alex’s Challenge by Melissa J. Morgan
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

This book was the first book out of the series i started with and i remember a lot out of it but overall for the series i absolutely loved it. Because of this I always wanted to go to a camp, meet people and eagerly wait the next summer to see them again. Now i’m too old and instead want to go as a counselor. Anyways, i did eventually get to read from the first book because everyone in my class was reading Goosebumps, Camp Confidential or Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys so we would all switch around to find the first book, second book, third book ect. 

3. Perfect by Ellen Hopkins
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

Found this book by randomly scrolling through the book section on the app store from my iPad. At first it was hard to read this because it was in poem format and i was 9. But after the first chapter i adjusted and really got into it. There was so much going on, so much perspectives and so many feelings i got from it. It was like breathing something other than air but all the same provided me life. It was so new to me especially since it had a lesbian character in it and i’ve never ever read a story about one. 

4. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson 
Barnes And Nobles
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

This is one of my favorite books of all time (based on my memory of it). I remember the entire story and i read it when i was 9, after i had read Perfect. Because i bought it on my IPad and had given away that IPad i decided recently to buy a physical copy and reread.

5. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

I came from a elementary school (in Jamaica we call it Primary school) filled with classmates that loved to read. If you didn’t read you weren’t cool and couldn’t sit with us. I’m joking but still, reading was put on a pedestal. So i had bought Beautiful Creatures in the forth, fifth grade or sixth grade and fell in love with it. Then i lent it to a clasmmate of mine and we instantly became good friends. I mean we went from barely talking to talking every evening about the book. We later found out that there was a second book called Beautiful Darkness. The next week she bought it and after she read it she lent it to me and once again we spent every evening fangirling. However this time it was so much more because Beautiful Darkness compared to the first one was much better. I can still remember everything that happened in the middle until this day. 

6. Paladin by Sally Slater 
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

I read this on Wattpad but i just found out it got published so congrats to the author. However i hated the ending. I’m not sure if she changed the plot or characters much since she posted it on Wattled but it was the first book i liked but had an ending i hated. I really didn’t like who the main character ended up with. I was so mad i didn’t read anything for a week and wondered what the heck the main character was thinking. I don’t want to spoil it just incase she did keep the same plot, characters and ending. 

7. Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

I remember a lot out from this book from the middle to the end mostly because of the plot twist which i didn’t expect.

8. Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn
Book Depository *ships worldwide*

This book was very scary yet so good. The beginning is very clear in my memory however the middle and end is very choppy and i only remember bits and pieces. I don’t know how i don’t remember the entire book though i’ve reread it at least 6 times. (Now i can’t since i lost it)

Thats all for my list of unforgettable books. Do you have any that you just can’t forget? Please tell me in the comments below. I'm always interested. Especially when they're not classics because they almost feel like classics for us.


No comments

Back to Top